What Does Lobster Taste Like? Be Ready To Be Amazed
Lobsters make some of the fanciest foods that every person is always willing to enjoy. Have you ever tried out a lobster delicacy? What does lobster taste like?If you have ever had a lobster dish, did you like its taste and texture?
Probably you think that if you had lobster occasionally, you would end up being bankrupt. Read on and get to find out more about this fancy dish, whether it is as expensive as we all tend to believe and also what it tastes like.
You May Like This:
Last update on 2018-02-20 PST - Details
So, What Does Lobster Taste Like?
Now that lobster is quite popular, does its taste match its popularity? That is a question that is common to many. If you have ever had shrimp, the taste of lobster is very similar to that but sweeter and meatier. Comparing it to a crab, it is less fishy and also sweeter. With that description, it is worth the praise and the price.
Is Lobster That Expensive?
In every menu in a fancy restaurant, lobster is usually among the most expensive meals. This is not the case in all places. You would actually be surprised to find out that in certain places, the price of lobster is same as that of chicken, or even cheaper. The two major factors that affect the price of lobster are:
If you are visiting a tiny coastal town or an island with a warm climate, you had better fed on lobsters till you can eat no more. It even gets better when you reside in such a place.
In such areas, they are affordable and available in abundance. The warm climate makes them reproduce very fast and also speeds up their growth and development. In landlocked regions, lobster is considered to be a fancy kind of a meal. Even when the lobster harvests become good, their prices always remain high.
How To Enjoy A Lobster Meal Without Worrying About Bankruptcy
It is always good to give yourself a good treat once in a while. If you have always wanted to have lobster just to treat yourself, do with no worry. You can do some things to reduce the cost incurred in preparation for having a lobster delicacy. Here are some you need to try out:
1. Get to The Kitchen and Cook Your Lobster
Steer off from the restaurants, get into your kitchen and dedicate some quality time to prepare your lobster meal. This bold step will help a great deal in cutting down the price of the lobster by at least a half. You will also have quite some fun and relaxing time in the kitchen.
2. Choose Frozen Lobster Over Fresh Lobster
To get the best meal, using fresh ingredients is ideal but in some cases, you need to make a compromise. Fresh lobster is best, and for that reason, it will be the most expensive. Choose frozen lobster over fresh lobster and save up some cash although it will still be pricey. It will still be good for your delicacy since it is frozen immediately after it has been caught.
3. Buy Lobster During The Peak Season
Summertime is the peak season for lobsters, thanks to the warm climatic conditions. They will have grown a great deal, and so they will be meatier.Around May, there will be very many lobsters, and so the supply will be high.
Demand from the consumers will also increase proportionally. The high chances are that the lobsters will be offered at fair prices which will not drain your pockets.
Simple Lobster Recipes
Cooking Main Lobsters by Boiling Method
- 1Bring heavily salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- 2Cut off the rubber bands holding the lobster claws together. Failure to do so will cause the rubber bands to alter the flavor of your delicacy undesirably.
- 3Let the lobsters cook for up to 7 minutes for the first round and an additional 3 minutes for each and every round after.
- 4Remove your lobster(s) from the pot and submerge into an ice bath to avoid overcooking which will cause the texture of the lobster to be tougher.
- 5After it has cooled enough to be handled appropriately, start taking it apart to get the meat.
How To Get The Lobster Meat
Grilling Rock Lobsters
- 1Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Place the lobster(s) on the grill to cook for about 4 minutes.
- 3Turn the lobster(s) and let the other side cook for 2 more minutes. The frequent turning is ideal to ensure that the meat is cooked evenly.
- 4Place the lobster(s) standing on the end and allow an extra uninterrupted cooking time of 2 minutes.
- 5To release the meat from its shell, cut the lobsters’ tail end off and make use of a pair of kitchen shears to cut the underside.
- 6Once your meat is all ready, slice it up into seemingly circular bits for presentation.
- 7Serve with clarified butter and enjoy the delicacy.
What does lobster taste like? Now you know that it is amazing and appealing. You can always make lobster a great substitute for the common proteins such as chicken. Observe the simple steps that can help you to reduce the general cost of having a lobster delicacy and you will never feel oppressed by your dietary needs.
If I left out some important details on lobsters as a meal, feel free to comment. Also, where you have questions, feel free to make your queries, and you shall get them answered.