This is How To Cook Imitation Crab Meat in Four Easy Methods
Do you love sushi? If yes, then you have probably come across imitation crab meat. Perhaps you have even eaten imitation crab meat before. Did you love it? It might have made you start thinking, how do I make this lovely stuff myself? And what is it exactly?
Imitation crab meat is sea food product that has been processed. It comprises of white fish (surimi) that has been flavored, cooked and then frozen before being sold. A pink exterior (most of the crab sticks are pink) and other preservatives are added too.
This illusion of real crab meat tastes really good when prepared in the right way using the right recipe.It retains the same crab like feel and taste. Otherwise, it will tastehorrible. A part from tasting like the real crab meat, it also costs you much less.
Most of you presumably do not know how to cook imitation crab meat by yourselves. Are you one of the many? Worry not anymore. In thiscomprehensive article, I will be giving anin-depth description of the various methods you can use to prepare imitation crab meat by yourself. Your self-prepared imitation crab meat will still taste good like the one at your favorite restaurant.
Nutritional Information For Imitation Crab Meat.
This type of food has both beneficial nutritional contents and detrimental contents. The benefits outweigh the effects though when taken in controlled amounts. It has fewer calories and fats content than actual crab meat. Here are some of the other information you should know.
- Calories And Cholesterol
A 3-ounce sample of imitation crab meat contains about 81 calories. The cholesterol content is approximately 17 milligrams. The fat content is low too. If you are on a diet and needs to cut down some weight or maintain your current weight, then this diet is good for you.
The low calories and fat content provide protection from chronic diseases such as heart diseases.
This is one of the problems associated with animitation crab meat diet. It has a very high salt content. The 3 ounces sample serving of this meat contains 715 milligrams salt content.
Too much salt consumption escalates your risk of suffering from a paralytic attack, high blood pressure or even renal failure.
The key to staying healthy is to limit the amount of serving you have at any one time.
Imitation crab meat has phosphorous which is actually good for the human system. This metal is necessary for the development of strong teeth and bones. It keeps the heartbeat under normal rates too.
- Serving Tip
The healthiest way to serve imitation crab meat is to combine it with a salad. This ensures a proper balance between diets from the meat and the vegetables.
What Are Some of The Methods You Can Use to Cook Imitation Crab Meat?
Are you planning on making any seafood dishes, particularly imitation crab meat? There are a number of ways that you can use to make your wish come true. This meat is very easy to make and can be eaten straight from the package.
4. Cooking In The Oven
Do you have an oven? Did you know that you can prepare a meal of imitation crab meat in it? Now you know.Just as you can use the stove, the oven is also a perfect place to make this sumptuous meal.
What you need.
- Imitation crab meat, ¼ kg
- Salt, a pinch
- Pepper, a pinch
- ½ Fresh dill
- Mustard, 1 teaspoon
- Fish fillet, 3 flat ones.
Method of preparation
1. Transfer all the ingredients into a clean bowl and thoroughly mix them. The pepper and salt are for taste.
2. Cut the fish fillets into halves
3. Take some portions of the mixture and roll onto the fish.
4. The fish tends to roll off one another, so you can improvise by using a toothpick to keep them in place.
5. Place the fish into the pan of the oven and cook until the temperature reaches 1450F.
6. When done serve with any complimentary dish. It can be rice or any other meal.
The meal prepared using the sauntering pan also be made using this method.
Precautions When Cooking Imitation Crab Meat.
- This meat is very perishable and goes bad very quickly, just like most of the processed foods. Extra measures should, therefore, be taken to prevent it from going bad.Keep the package in a freezer once bought. This prolongs the life span for weeks and even months.
- Even after freezing the meat, inspect it once in a while to ensure it is still suitable for consumption. Look for any foul smell or inconsistency in the meat. Always mind the expiration date on the package.
- Check for any molds and the presence of the original color before proceeding to cook it.
It is very easy to cook imitation crab meat at your convenience, adding any ingredient that you would love it to have.If you probably think the one at the restaurant has too many spices, then tone it down to your liking.
I hope these four recipes on how to cook imitation crab meat have been very useful to you. As you try these out, ensure you limit your consumption of this great delicacy. This is despite the numerous benefits. There are side effects of too much consumption that you would not want to suffer from.