Best Stock Pot 2017 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
A stock pot is one of the most popular cooking pots used in the world. Versatile and durable, and it looks like its popularity isn't about to fade away. It would be a chore to pick the best stock pot for your kitchen, but it's not impossible. All you need is the proper information and guides along with some reviews of the best stock pots in the market.
Read on and learn all about stock pots and take a look at some cool products available!
How A Stock Pot Looks Like?
This is a large stock pot with a flat bottom and straight sides. It has a wide opening (as big as the diameter of the bottom), two handles on the sides and a lid with a handle for the top. To be able to make stock in a stock pot, all you have to do is simmer water for hours while adding in meat, bones, fish or vegetables, depending on what kind of stock or broth you'd like to make.
The process of continuously cooking the ingredients in the water allows all the flavors and nutrients to blend with the water, creating a flavorful and aromatic stock as a result.
But stock pots aren't only used to make stock or broth that would be a waste! They can also be used to cook various dishes and a variety of recipes.
The Different Uses Of A Stock Pot
Stock pots can be used for different purposes, aside from making stock or broth. It's a wide pot which an equally wide bottom, which is ideal for both cooking and non-cooking purposes. Here are a few ways you can make use of your stock pot:
For Cooking Purposes
- Stock Pot for making stews, soups, tomato sauce with a lot of ingredients and dishes
- Stock Pot for cooking pasta, rice, porridge, chili and canning
- For boiling vegetables, meat, fish or even a whole chicken
- All these and so much more!
For Non-Cooking Purposes
- It can be used to boil clothing, yarn or wool when dying these materials at home.
- It can be used for making homemade laundry detergent of hand soap.
Just remember to use a separate stock pot for these purposes - maybe you can use your old stock pot for these when you buy a new one for cooking!
What To Look For When Buying The Best Stock Pot?
Knowing the different uses of a stock pot is essential when you're trying to find the best stock pot for your kitchen. To be able to find an ideal one, you'd need to consider a few key features and factors in choosing. Here is a list of the features you'd have to think about when selecting the stock pot you'd be bringing home:
The 5 Best Stock Pots For Your Kitchen – A Comprehensive Review
You now have a lot of useful information to guide you in choosing the best stock pots. Read on and see some of the best products available now
1. Cuisinart MCP66-28N MultiClad Pro Stainless 12-Quart Stockpot with Cover
This stock pot is a durable product which would give you good value for your money. It is a necessary tool for people who like cooking their own stock, broth, sauces and soups. It is designed for easy cooking and is big enough to make large servings of food. It is also dishwasher safe and safe for use in the oven.
Editor's Rating: 98/100
- Safe for use in the dishwasher and in the oven.
- Stainless steel makes for a durable stock pot. Handles stay cool even while on the stove. Cover seals in the moisture while you are cooking, making your dish healthier and tastier.
- Easy and convenient to use - it even allows you to pour without messy dripping.
- Has a limited, lifetime warranty
- Made of pure aluminium core joined with stainless steel interiors and exteriors
- Tapered rim allows for drip-free pouring
- The handles aren't too comfortable and seem quite insubstantial.
- After some time, the bolts which hold the handles tend to appear corroded.
2. All-Clad BD55512 D5 Brushed 18/10 Stainless Steel 5-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Stock Pot
The best quality stock pot, top of the line product, this offers durability and versatility. Best for pros and equally top of the line kitchens, these products from a reputable brand and can be used for cooking more complex recipes other than just stocks, soups, and sauces. It also comes in different sizes, according to your kitchen needs.
Editor's Rating: 93/100
- Made with brushed stainless steel, allowing you to use it for a long time.
- Can be utilized for sautéing and other cooking aside from the usual stock pot uses.
- Handles are stable and easy to hold on to.
- Capacity of the pot is engraved at the bottom for reference.
- Comes in different sizes (4 qt, 8qt and 12 qt)
- Handles are oversized, making them comfortable to handle.
- Has a rolled tip which allows for easy pouring of liquids from the pot.
- More expensive than other models.
- Handles may get hotter than what is said in the description.
3. T-fal A92280 Specialty Total Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Stockpot Cookware
This durable stock pot is ideal for household cooking, especially if you prefer to use less oil and fat.
Since it is non-stick, you don't need to drizzle oil to prevent the ingredients of your dish from sticking to the bottom of it. Its glass cover also allows you to see the progress of your cooking without having to open the pot and let essential heat and moisture escape.
Editor's Rating: 93/100
- Glass lid has a vented hole which prevents your stock or soup from boiling over.
- Has a 12 quart capacity, perfect for cooking for small families of households.
- Since it's made of aluminum, it conducts heat better, allowing the heat to be equally distributed.
- Comes with a limited, lifetime warranty
- Easy to clean - it's even dishwasher safe.
- Made of aluminum with a non-stick surface and tough handles
- It's oven safe but only up to 350˚F.
- Made of Aluminum which might allow some chemicals to seep into what you're cooking
4. Winware Professional Aluminum 40-Quart Stockpot
This simple and sleek stock pot is perfect for small households to big ones. As it is available in other sizes as well, you have the option to choose the size which would most fit your needs. Made of pure aluminum, it evenly cooks your stocks or soup as aluminum conducts heat very well.
Editor's Rating: 90/100
- Oven and dishwasher safe
- Simple design makes it easy to use, clean and maintain
- Low maintenance and durable material.
- Comes in different sizes, according to your cooking needs.
- Durable and heavy duty.
- Minimally designed but extremely efficient.
- Lid is sold separately.
- Handles can get very hot while you are cooking.
5. Farberware Classic Stainless Steel 16-Quart Covered Stockpot
The Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Stock Pot is made of both aluminium and stainless steel, making it more durable and more efficient for cooking. Cooking is made faster and easier because of these materials too. It has a wonderful traditional design and it can even be used in the oven.
Editor's Rating: 90/100
- Dishwasher and oven safe, making it a versatile product.
- The lid has a self-basting feature which seals in moisture and heat when it is covered.
- Made from high-quality materials and is dishwasher safe.
- Made of a heavy duty aluminium core and stainless steel interior and exterior.
- Polished, Classic stock pot design.
- It's quite tricky to clean.
- The handles are not screwed on, making it less durable.
- You'd have to lift the lid to check your cooking progress.
The Final Verdict – Which Are The Best Stock Pots?
Plenty of options to choose from and all that's left is to decide. If you want a stock pot which is durable, easy to use and has heat resistant handles, you can go with the Cuisinart MCP66-28N MultiClad Pro Stainless 12-Quart Stockpot with Cover. It is a great product which is will give you good value for your money.
On the other hand, if you prefer a non-stick stock pot which is easy to clean and durable too, you can choose the T-fal A92280 Specialty Total Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Stockpot Cookware, 12-Quart, Black. It also comes with a glass lid which would allow you to check the progress of your cooking conveniently.
what is the best stock pot to buy? Whichever stock pot you choose, just keep in mind the factors to consider so you can have the best possible stock pot in your home. Good luck!